50 Random Acts of Kindness
spread some joy this holiday season!
What better way to celebrate the holidays than spreading some joy and cheer?
One of my goals for the last few months of this year was to complete 50 random acts of kindness – and let me tell you, it is harder than it looks.
Unfortunately, it’s not very common for people to always be thinking about how they can help the person next to them, or how much of a difference it can make to just be extra nice to someone today.
Incorporating random acts of kindness into your day, week, month, or year can make a big difference – in your life and the lives of those around you – so I urge you to try some of these!
You never know what someone is going through, and you never know how much of a difference you can make in someone’s life. (:
50 random acts of kindness
- Compliment a stranger.
- Pay for someone’s drink.
- Send a thoughtful text message.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while.
- Leave a sticky note with a positive message on a mirror.
- Pay for someone’s meal.
- Volunteer somewhere.
- Fill envelopes with cash and leave them on cars/doorsteps/etc.
- Babysit for free.
- Walk someone’s dog.
- Donate things you don’t need.
- Send someone a card.
- Bake cookies for neighbors/friends/family/etc.
- Leave a generous tip.
- Buy someone flowers.
- Help someone out with a chore.
- Pick up litter.
- Shop with a reusable bag.
- Go vegetarian for a day.
- Donate food to a food bank.
- Leave a positive review for a small business.
- Shop local.
- Leave money at a vending machine.
- Eat vegan for a day.
- Take the bus or carpool.
- Send someone a care package.
- Spark up a conversation with a stranger.
- Smile at everyone you pass by.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Give someone a hug.
- Take yourself on a date.
- Celebrate a friend.
- Cook a meal for someone.
- Give someone a thoughtful surprise.
- Take your significant other or a friend on a little date. (:
- Venmo someone $5 for no reason.
- Comment something thoughtful on a social media post.
- Buy secondhand.
- Cover someone’s shift at work.
- Walk a doggo.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Make someone smile. (:
- Give yourself a compliment.
- Let someone cut you in line.
- Leave money at a gas pump.
- Be extra nice to a customer service worker.
- Write out a gratitude list.
- Donate animal products to a shelter.
- Raise money for a good cause.
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway.
I love the reminder to call someone you haven’t talked to in a while! It’s such an important way to be there for someone and stay in their life.
These are so wonderful. I try to be mindful in implementing a lot of these you have listed. Thank you for lovely post. Great reminder that acts of kindness can truly impact others in such a great way.