If you know me, you know I looove journaling (and I love journal prompts)! But, I have to admit, I fell out of habit this last month or so.
Life got crazy, and I stopped journaling. I didn’t feel like I had enough time or energy to commit to writing in my journal each and every day. It just felt like one more thing on my to-do list.
That’s why I’ve come up with 30 5-minute journal prompts! They don’t require a lot of time (unless you want to write a lot), they won’t feel like a chore (it’ll feel like self-care!), and they will get you in a positive headspace!
I don’t know about you, but I am personally very excited to start working through these 30 5-minute journal prompts… I hope you’ll join me! (:
30 powerful 5-minute journal prompts
- Describe a recent moment where you were incredibly happy. Where were you? Who were you with? What were you doing? How exactly did you feel?
- What would you do if money was not an issue? Bonus: brainstorm how you can get to that point!
- What is your biggest, scariest dream? And how are you going to get there?
- What’s an accomplishment that you are most proud of?
- What’s the best compliment someone has ever given you?
- Describe the most perfect day you can think of. Where are you? Are you with anyone? What are you doing? What’s the weather like? What are you wearing? How do you feel?
- Write about one of your most favorite memories from 2021. Hint: look back through your camera roll if you need some inspiration!
- What’s your favorite quote, and why is it your favorite?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go – and who would you go with?
- What’s the best book you’ve ever read? Why was it the best?
- What is your dream job? What can you do to get closer to that dream every day?
- List at least 10 things you love about yourself.
- List at least 5 things you are proud of yourself for.
- What are you most grateful for in this moment?
- What is something small that you can do every day to spark joy?
- Think about your current morning routine. Is there anything that you want to change about it? How can you make it better?
- Think about your current night routine. How can you make it better?
- What’s something you could do today to romanticize your life (driving with the windows down while listening to your favorite songs, dancing in the kitchen, recording yourself doing homework)? And then go do it!
- What is your favorite way to treat yourself (getting your hair or nails done, buying yourself flowers, eating at your favorite restaurant)? Do that today, if you can. And if you can’t, make plans to go do it!
- Write about what your dream life is like from the perspective of your future self.
- What is something you’re looking forward to?
- What are your strengths?
- When do you feel the most confident?
- What can you do today to get you closer to where you want to be tomorrow? List as few or as many things as you want.
- What do you love about your life right now?
- Talk about someone you are super thankful to have in your life right now. How do they make life better?
- Describe one of your favorite childhood memories.
- What are your current favorite songs, and how do they make you feel?
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- How would you describe yourself? How would others describe you?
Which one of these is your favorite journal prompt?! I hope you have fun trying these out, and don’t forget, it’s never too late to learn more about yourself! ((:
P.S. If you’re in need of a journal, Target has some super cute ones!